Please make sure the following requirements are covered before you begin with the installation:
- nJAMS Client for Mule4 requires MuleSoft Runtime Engine 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2. You can either use MuleSoft CloudHub or MuleSoft Runtime Engine installed on-premise.
- Prepare an nJAMS instance that is either available as a service (nJAMS Cloud) or installed on-premise (nJAMS Server). If you do not already have an nJAMS Cloud instance, just register for a free nJAMS Cloud instance. On the other hand, you can install nJAMS Server and configure an nJAMS instance on-premise. Enter IM Download Portal to download the installation package of nJAMS Server.
The next preparations vary depending on whether you use nJAMS Cloud or nJAMS Server.
Please perform the following actions according to your choice of nJAMS instance in preparation of using nJAMS Client for Mule4:
|Using nJAMS Client for Mule4 in tandem with nJAMS Cloud:|
|Using nJAMS Client for Mule4 with nJAMS Server:|
There are basically two different ways to install nJAMS Client for Mule4:
- The recommended option is to use the nJAMS Client for Mule4 Connector for Anypoint Studio.
The nJAMS Client for Mule4 Connector allows dialog-controlled configuration of nJAMS Client for Mule4 within Anypoint Studio.
- You can easily enter general settings and communication settings of nJAMS Client for Mule4 in the Connector dialog box. Please refer to chapter Inline Configuration for more details.
- The Connector also allows you to reference an nJAMS Client configuration file (
njams.properties), which you may already know from configuring other nJAMS Clients. This configuration file contains the general settings and communication settings of nJAMS Client for Mule4. Refer to chapter Configuration file, if you want to learn how to configure nJAMS Client for Mule4 by preapring an nJAMS Client configuration file.
- Alternatively you can install and configure nJAMS Client for Mule4 as usual by adding and configuring the Mule Spring Module. Follow the instructions in chapter Installation and configuration using Mule Spring Module, if you prefer the traditional way of installation.
As a supplement, the optional installer supports you during the installation and simplifies the installation process. The nJAMS Client for Mule4 installer is represented by an Eclipse plugin for Anypoint Studio. This installer can be setup by using the standard procedure in Eclipse via Help > Install New Software….